Winter comes with cosy nights, breezy cold winds and white snow. If you are the fan of “Game of Thrones” then you may get the sacred survival of winter season. Winter is a season which demands more energy to maintain inner body temperature and outer temperature. The immune functions need to work even better during winter to protect the body against cold which could be vulnerable to chronic diseases.
In winter body demands more food, as energy is utilized in the functioning of the body. To stay healthy during winter one needs to have healthy foods which are rich in nutrients to help body maintain regular functioning in cold atmosphere.
By following below mentioned winter diet tips one can stay healthy as well as fit during cozy winters.
• Lime, Lemon, Orange, Kiwi
All this have highest amount of Vitamin C which boosts up the metabolism activity and it improves the liver’s ability to break down toxin which can slow down metabolism. This all are low in calorie and does not result into fat accumulation.
It is a seasonal fruit which is rich in Vitamin A, C, Potassium and magnesium. It prevents coronary artery diseases.
It is an energy booster and boosts immune system. It even acts as an antioxidant. It has antimicrobial properties which kills bacteria.
Eggs help to gain amino acids which is a part of protein and acts as a supplement for Vitamin B12 and iodine.
• Coconut Milk
It is essential for boosting metabolism and even helps to lower fat in body which eventually leads to weight loss (an added benefit huh!).
• Green Leafy Vegetables
Vegetables like Spinach, Mustard Greens and beet-root are rich in proteins and fibers, which helps in digestion of heavy foods. Calcium contained in beet-root is good for bones. They even acts as stress-booster.
• Dark Chocolate
Dark chocolate is very good source of flavonoids which helps to lower fatty acids and in turn helps to prevent heart diseases.
• Green Tea
It is an antioxidant and also acts as an energy booster.
Strawberries have the lowest calorie and acts as antioxidant and even is a supplement of Phenolic acids which prevents liver damage due to alcohol and also prevents high cholesterol.
Foods stuffed with garlic can act as miracle as it helps to lose weight and even acts as an energy booster.
It gives a filling of full stomach which prevents you from eating more. It even has fiber contents which helps in easy digestion.
It a source of Vitamin B and lentinan, which is very helpful for one caught with cold and flu.
• Vegetable and Corn Soup
Hot Soups acts as an ailment in the cold winter which gives you a satisfaction and would help to increase the body temperature so the energy is not wasted.
Grilled chicken is a source of proteins which helps the immune system to function smoothly and even acts as a shield for the body to fight against diseases.
Let’s serve you the winter diet chart for a day by the experts:
Morning: 2 Glasses Warm Water
- 1 cup tea without sugar/ green tea/herbal tea
- 1 helping of poha made in less oil OR 1 moong chilla
- 2 slices whole wheat toasts with green chutney, cucumber/tomato slices or 2 egg whites
- OR 1 cup oats or muesli with skim milk, without sugar
- OR 1 bowl of fruits like papaya, water melon, grapefruit, pomegranate
- 1 cup of green tea with a few nuts like almonds and walnuts or 1 Fruit
- OR 1 glass fresh vegetable juice of tomato, carrot, bottle gourd
- 1 Millet roti (jowar, nachni, bajra) OR 1 cup brown rice
- Vegetables cooked in less oil,
- Sprouts or pulses or dals
- 1 cup green tea or herbal tea or regular tea with low fat milk and less or no sugar
- Diet snacks like roasted chana or roasted kurmura or non oily khakra
6pm: 1 fruit (choose fruits like apples, oranges, melon, pomegranate, papaya)
Dinner: (between 7:30 and 8:00 pm)
- 1 bowl of vegetable soup with salad
- Sauteed or steamed vegetables
- 1 millet roti OR 1 bowl of moong and brown rice khichdi with vegetables.
Overall the winter diets should be healthy but not rich in fats instead should be rich in protein, vitamins and other nutrients for boosting the body systems, acting as an energy booster and to prevent diseases from the cold winter.
EAT HEALTHY STAY WEALTHY…. HELATH IS WEALTH